Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
(This role is open for second shift operations)
Cometeer is looking for a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the equipment in the facility in both the production floor, warehouse and the office area. This individual will also be responsible for cleaning and providing minor repairs on warehouse machinery. The ideal candidate will perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment used in the manufacturing process to ensure the successful execution of production activities.
What you'll do:
- Install, assemble and test new machines and equipment; understand and comply with workplace safety regulations
- Perform emergency repairs on various types of machinery, including mechanical, electric and hydraulic
- Assist in the installation of new manufacturing equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance tasks to try to minimize unexpected issues with equipment
- Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature fluctuations, sounds, smells or atypical energy usage
- Perform troubleshooting for production machinery
- Identify and replace worn or damaged parts
- Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions
- Evaluate, repair and maintain electrical and HVAC systems in the building
- Fix potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of related experience working in manufacturing environment
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and technique
- Well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks
- Physical stamina to handle a full shift of being active and working on the building
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Electrical maintenance experience
- Forklift experience
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a food manufacturing facility
- Love for Coffee!
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.