Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
Reporting to the Warehousing Manager, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving, labeling, and storing materials, assessing stock for damages, stacking cases on pallets, wrapping pallets, keeping inventory records, and accurately filling customer orders. This person will work directly with manufacturing and quality assurance to ensure Food Safety guidelines are followed during the production process. This is the chance to be one of the first people on the ground floor of Cometeer, a start-up poised for huge success! There is an excellent opportunity to move up within the Manufacturing department.
What you'll do:
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Work closely with the production team to efficiently locate, pick, and stage materials in preparation for production
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Implement and maintain proper inventory controls and production flow to ensure quality and freshness
- Complete daily logs into inventory with consistent accuracy and report any discrepancies during weekly or monthly checks
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality control standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma
- Proven working experience as a warehouse worker
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases, and systems
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Experience with food or food related equipment
- Experience implementing inventory software or inventory management
- Packaging experience
- Good understanding of food safety, workplace safety, and food quality standards
- Love for coffee is a plus!
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.