Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Associate will have the ability to learn and grow in various functions with Cometeer's Manufacturing group. In this role a person will be able to work with Extraction, Packaging, Cleaning, and/or Fulfillment. This is the chance to join Cometeer during a phase of huge growth which. Training to develop technical and managerial skills will be provided for those who show initiative and have a thirst to learn and grow with Cometeer.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the efficient filling, packing, cleaning, and/or fulfillment of capsules and packages for Cometeer coffee
- Implement and maintain proper Inventory controls and production flow to insure quality and freshness
- Identify quality issues & create corrective action plans in case of variation to quality or quantity
- Ensure efficient and safe machine operation to produce a high-quality product
- Operate in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Conduct thorough quality checks on capsules and packaging including package seal leak tests in vacuum chambers and x-ray testing
- Support processes and system improvements to maintain optimal sanitary conditions
- Adhere to department’s procedures and make sure operations are OSHA compliant
- Complete pertinent paperwork and submit to appropriate personnel
- Maintain clean and orderly production area in compliance with certifications and safety regulations
What we're looking for:
- GED or equivalent education certification
- Team-player, motivated and attention to detail
- Prior good attendance and performance track record
- Organized and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to operate on an elevated platform
- Ability to be flexible and accepting of changing production schedules and direction
- Experience with food or food related equipment
- Strong general mechanical abilities and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of food safety, workplace safety, and food quality standards
- Love for coffee is a plus!
If you would like to speed up the interview process and have feedback guaranteed in 2 business days, please complete this video interview: https://hire.li/af88e3b
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.