Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
The Data Team at Cometeer exists to help make decisions data-driven. Data is a horizontal team that serves all business units across the company. Cometeer seeks to be data driven at its core and across all business functions. This is a foundational principle that is shared across founders, leadership, and all parts of the organization. The vision is that Cometeer wins in great part due to its ability to leverage data to drive rather than simply measure strategy and execution. The Data Team exists to execute on this vision.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and analytical deep-thinker to closely partner with non-technical and technical stakeholders. A successful candidate should have a strong quantitative foundation as well as a demonstrated ability to directly own business outcomes end-to-end. You will be one of the first hires on the Data Team, reporting to the Head of Data.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with internal teams to leverage data and quantitative methods such as hypothesis testing to enable strategic decision-making and operationalize rapid growth.
- Discover, understand, and integrate disparate data sources from every corner of the business, and structure them into clean data models that fuel self-service analytics for internal teams as well as advanced data science.
- Partner with the engineering team to shape product roadmap, scoping and improving upstream systems and backend data sources.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years experience in a data science role, using quantitative analysis to solve challenging, real-world problems (background in e-commerce or operations is a plus).
- You have a strong quantitative or technical academic background, such as mathematics, computer science, statistics, economics, finance, or physics.
- Expert on running SQL in production: you write complex joins and window functions in your sleep; you're experienced in state of the art tools (e.g., GitHub, Fivetran, dbt); and you spearhead best practices (e.g., data unit tests, historization, snapshotting, etc.)
- Experience writing statistical models in Python and/or R (e.g., linear regressions or classifiers).
- Experience modeling data into logical objects and relations, with an eye towards broad accessibility across different skill levels, using modern tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and executives at multiple levels of technical proficiency.
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.