Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
The Role (B Shift)
Cometeer is looking for a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The Controls Technician will be responsible for maintaining the equipment throughout the facility. This individual will also be responsible for supporting various departments with controls and electrical needs. The ideal candidate will perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment used in the manufacturing process to ensure the successful execution of production activities.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with other Technicians, Production, Safety, and Engineering departments.
- Is the first point of contact in case of electrical and control systems malfunction on production lines.
- Troubleshoot and perform major and minor repairs and preventive maintenance as required to ensure equipment reliability and on-going production
- Conduct preventive maintenance tasks to try to minimize unexpected issues with equipment
- Assist machine debug, operating programming software.
- Assist with New Project Implementation and Execution
- Assist with standardization of controls components and devices
- Execute Low Voltage Troubleshooting, Repair, and Replacement
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of related experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- In-depth knowledge of electrical systems
- Well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment
- Electrical maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting production equipment (photo-eyes, VFDs, temperature transmitters, level transmitters, flow meters (Magnetic and Coriolis), proximity switches, other electrical components)
- Experience with Allen Bradley software (Panel Views, Logix 5000)
- Willingness to work long hours to complete jobs on schedule and meet standards of quality
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a food manufacturing facility
- Love for Coffee
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.