Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
Cometeer is looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to ensure that health, sanitation, and safety conditions are always met on Cometeer grounds. This person will have responsibility for the upkeep of the facility including the planning and coordinating of all installations and refurbishments.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards, including the ammonia and refrigeration systems.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors.
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Manage facilities-related preventative maintenance schedule, assign tasks, and document completion of such tasks in a shared weekly document.
- Ensure all power supplies and required hardware are available for successful installation of equipment.
- Ensure all 3rd party contractors are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Ensure appropriate permits are pulled in a timely fashion and prior to the commencement of work.
- Inspect company facilities and recommend corrective actions or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations; conduct self-inspections.
- Work with the EHS Director in ensuring compliance with OSHA standards.
What we are looking for:
- 5 + Years of experience in project management/ facility management for the development of infrastructure as well as effective operation in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership ability and performance management experience required.
- Mechanical and moderate carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC knowledge and willingness to roll up the sleeves and pitch in if required.
- Strong familiarity with GMPs, HAACP compliance, SQF requirements, and experience in working with USDA, FDA inspectors, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Diligent in his/her duties and able to make independent decisions and to prioritize effectively
- Strong written, verbal communication, and organizational skills required.
- Ready to go above & beyond to help the team; open to a somewhat flexible schedule.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Love for coffee is a plus!
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.