Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
The Product Design team at Cometeer exists to create the best possible digital experience for our current and potential customers. We aim to create an intuitive and delightful experience that is best-in-class and supports the marketing, education, and enjoyment of our amazing coffee product. The Product Design team is a core part of the larger Product group and will drive product vision for the company over the coming years.
We are looking for a thoughtful and detail-oriented product designer to spearhead the UX and UI of key features and functionality across our e-commerce website. This role will also help plan for the design of future platforms and internal tools. A successful candidate should have a strong knowledge of user-experience and user-interface design as well as a demonstrated ability to directly own business outcomes end-to-end. You will be one of the first hires on the Design Team, reporting to the Head of Product Design.
What you'll do:
- Design Strategy – Use data to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for additional user/business value.
- UX Design – Create low-fidelity design assets and prototypes to explore and validate possible directions.
- User Testing – Conduct moderated and unmoderated user tests and synthesize insights to understand user value, preference, and general usability.
- UI Design – Evolve our visual design language to be best-in-class for DTC.
- Design System – Creating and maintaining a robust and scalable design system in Figma that allows our development team to move more quickly and with a greater degree of confidence.
- QA – Ensure that our implemented work meets and exceeds our bar for quality, for all users, across a range of devices and environments.
What we're looking for:
- You have 7+ years experience as a Product Designer, using data and design thinking to solve challenging, real-world problems (background in e-commerce is a plus).
- You have a strong command of best practices for responsive web design (native app experience is a plus)
- Experience working closely with engineering teams to document designs, provide implementation support, and assure quality of outcomes.
- Experience working with data and business intelligence teams to gather insights and rationalize design decisions.
- You are able to work independently to research, design, and present decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and executives at multiple levels of design proficiency.
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.