Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
- Work with benchtop apparatuses to prototype and develop refined electro-mechanical concepts
- Work with vendors to source and produce prototype parts
- Test and validate prototype parts and assemblies
- Develop physical test jigs and firmware or script-controlled test harnesses
- Source, validate and select between candidate off the shelf components
- Create test automation and data visualization scripts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Field
- Relevant mechatronics or robotics project or professional experience
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- CAD Software experience
- Software proficiency in C, Python, or similar languages
- Electronics debugging experience
- Firmware development and debugging experience
- Data and text processing and data visualization with Python or other languages/software
- Experience bringing products from concept to market on small teams
- Experience with home-appliance-scale or larger mechanical assemblies
- Experience with food or beverage machines
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.