Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – delivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
We are seeking a high-powered and driven sales leader to bring Cometeer’s to a broad, national audience through retail, foodservice, and ecommerce channels. A strong candidate will have deep experience working closely with commercial and marketing teams to coordinate successful product launches in diverse geographies across the country. Success in the role will rely on hitting key milestones and maintaining target KPIs as you demonstrate operational excellence in the planning and execution of launches. You will report to the chief executive officer of Cometeer.
What you’ll do:
- Build a solid complement to Cometeer’s existing DTC business by expanding into foodservice, retail, and ecommerce channels
- Leverage influencer, social, CRM, sampling, and data-based strategies as you coordinate with both sales and marketing teams to ensure the success of all launches
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain strong relationships with decision makers at key strategic accounts to help sustain Cometeer’s long-term growth in new channels, with an emphasis on closing the most lucrative and highest brand prestige accounts possible
- Recruit and lead an ambitious and efficient sales team that will go the extra mile for the best results possible, and learn learn quickly from mistakes as Cometeer enters new territory
- Generate new business opportunities, employing a self-starter attitude for deal flow and a creative eye for gaining access to critical opportunities for the business
- Establish and maintain a robust, high-level knowledge base within Cometeer on industry, competitor, and market knowledge, drawing on product strategy, customer insights, macroeconomic trends, and pricing/discount optimization
- Utilize trade shows and other high-potential opportunities to build brand awareness (e.g. mass trials, samplings, demos, events, free activations, etc.)
- Project manage crucial sales to pivotal accounts, ensuring swift communications and deliverables that push deals forward in as fast a time frame as possible
What we’re looking for:
- 10-15 years experience driving business volume and selling to the lead executives of large corporations
- Exceptional experience and relationships with distributors and key accounts in Natural, Conventional, Mass, Club, and Drug retail channels, as well as with retail and foodservice distributors
- A compassionate people leader who inspires hard work and collaboration on their team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with proven presentation abilities in a high-stakes environment
- A product-obsessed, ambitious salesperson who is passionate about bringing the world’s best coffee, in an absurdly easy and high-tech format, to consumers everywhere
- Data-driven mindset for managing campaigns, with an emphasis on tracking sales, ROI, and cost per sampling
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.