Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – delivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious field marketing specialist based in LA to represent Cometeer at demos, events, trade shows, and other experiential activations throughout the SoCal area. You will be helping establish Cometeer’s field marketing function from the ground up in a crucial market as our brand launches in major SoCal grocers and other retail channels. A love for coffee and innovation is a huge plus, as a lot of your work will involve introducing consumers to Cometeer’s revolutionary flash-frozen coffee capsule and the unique, ultra-convenient recipes that have come with it.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate, organize, and manage field marketing activations onsite for Cometeer across Southern California, with a focus on the LA metropolitan area
- Build brand prestige and awareness for Cometeer through premium samplings, with an emphasis on ROI and boosting regional retail/DTC sales
- Collaborate with Cometeer’s marketing and sales team to help ensure the success of all activations and Cometeer launches in foodservice, ecommerce, and retail channels
- Work closely with our roasting partners building strong relationships and assisting with events
- Leverage Cometeer’s creative resources to deploy high-quality marketing collateral and displays at activations
- Track the success of activations through key performance indicators, and consistently revise your approach to events through data-driven insights
- Manage a team of 10-15 part time Brand Ambassadors across the SoCal region, to conduct in-store demos, guerilla sampling campaigns, events, and tradeshows
- Management of annual field marketing budget
- Manage the Los Angeles office by keeping space clean, organized and ready for pick-ups and deliveries
- Constantly seek out and act on opportunities to improve Cometeer’s brand and sales/marketing strategy, acting as a live source of feedback for the greater team on how real consumers are reacting to our product and messaging
- Additional duties to be assigned as the brand and team grow, may require trips outside of home market / region
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience organizing and executing field marketing events, with experience in the SoCal area a big plus. This role will require you to work mainly out of LA
- Valid driver’s license required and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time, and work nights and weekends
- An exceptional people person with the energy, enthusiasm, and communication skills to pitch hundreds of consumers on the value props of Cometeer on a daily basis
- Outstanding organizational skills for planning, managing, and tracking the success of Cometeer events and activations
- An efficient operator who can multitask and handle high pressure, fast-moving situations
- A team player who is eager to productively collaborate with their colleagues and draw on the full potential of the Cometeer team, while also bringing as much value to the rest of the organization as possible
- Aggressive sense of self-improvement and independence, with an enthusiasm for constructive criticism and managing initiatives with minimal need for supervision
- A lover of coffee who is passionate about making the world’s best coffee accessible to drinkers everywhere in an entirely new, absurdly convenient way
- A self-starter who will always be on the lookout for incredible opportunities to effectively promote the Cometeer brand
- Must love coffee!!
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.