Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – delivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
The Sales and Operations Planning Leader will drive our weekly and monthly planning cycles to enable our ambitious growth plans. This person will help develop and run a robust process to coordinate across the business to meet customer demand with the appropriate level of supply and provide transparency on constraints, opportunities, and trade offs. We will look to this person to leverage and develop systems and tools to improve processes and outcomes. A strong S&OP process is seen as the “control tower” for the business and is a key strategic resource. The Manager will work closely with leaders across the company to make sure that we can scale at an astronomic pace.
What you'll do:
- Own weekly and monthly S&OP process to balance demand and end-to-end supply plans
- Develop and prepare accurate, easy to understand, and ready-to-use materials for meetings and written communications
- Update forecasting models incorporating cross function inputs, identify supply constraints, and surface trade offs to balance demand and supply
- Monitor forecast accuracy; identify and report on key drivers of deviations
- Facilitate S&OP meetings to collaborate across the business to develop a unified plan and communicate key information
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholder in operations, sourcing, growth, finance to gather inputs, incorporate key information, and problem solve tradeoffs
- Independently work and leverage technology teams to design reports, build tooling for new forecasting capabilities, and enhance the automation of existing processes
- Manage S&OP activities to improve business outcomes relative to cost savings projects, supply disruptions, growth initiatives, and capacity improvements
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of Supply Chain planning experience in an ecommerce, manufacturing, retail, or similar industry. Experience at a start-up or high growth company is a plus.
- Strong analytical, organization, and decision making skills.
- Able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to influence and inform colleagues across the business, including executive leaders
- Experience with ERP system processes and software programs related to demand planning, supply planning, and inventory management
- Ready to go above & beyond to help the team; open to a somewhat flexible schedule
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Love for coffee is a plus
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.