Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – delivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and James Hoffman), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $150 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
Cometeer is rapidly expanding into the office and foodservice market, and we are looking for a smart, ambitious, and enthusiastic Sales Manager to spearhead our expansion into this space. A successful candidate will have extensive experience selling food or beverages into offices and foodservice establishments. This represents an incredible opportunity to establish, own, and expand entirely new revenue streams for a fast-growing start-up with massive potential. In addition to cultivating and managing accounts, you will work cross-functionally with best-in-class marketers, product managers, and operations specialists to rapidly scale this channel through various initiatives and projects.
What you’ll do:
- Generate revenue through key accounts to hit sales targets and help the company hit key account objectives in geographic focus areas
- Work directly with both end clients and distributors to build out a well-integrated wholesale engine for our sales team
- Cultivate greater brand awareness and drive trials of Cometeer by creating premium touchpoints for restaurant guests and office workers to experience the product
- Coordinate samplings and other events with the field marketing team to drive sales.
- Drive DTC sales whenever possible through wholesale outreach and sampling events.
- Respond rapidly and efficiently to inbound demand for Cometeer to be served in offices and food service establishments
- Coordinate with company leaders and cross-functional colleagues to set and achieve clear, time-sensitive goals for office and foodservice sales within the range of a given budget
- Leverage data to track the success of various sales campaigns and accounts and swiftly incorporate learnings into future efforts and internal communications
- Work cross-functionally with internal growth and ops specialists to build out and refresh marketing collateral, materials, and merchandise that can be leveraged for greater impact at restaurants, offices, and potentially other alternative channels
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience selling food or beverage products into food service or offices accounts
- Exceptional people and communication skills for building strong relationships with accounts, as well as working as a team player across a number of teams to advance revenue success
- An adept negotiator who can facilitate cost-effective deals for Cometeer
- A resourceful and determined operator who can navigate a fast-paced work environment and dynamic market trends, with the potential for high-pressure situations and rapidly changing priorities
- Independent decision maker and self-starter who is comfortably chasing leads and completing projects with limited input and supervision from business leaders
- A sharp financial mind for deploying sales resources into the highest ROI areas for wholesale
- Someone with a genuine love for sales and hitting revenue milestones—and who isn’t afraid to fail, learn, and then dive into the next opportunity
- Passion for helping build a company’s sales function from 1 to 100 in a wide-ranging industry that’s ripe for innovation
Compensation Information: Base salary is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of $60,000 - $90,000 annually. This role will have additional commission pay correlated to job performance, an equity package, and access to Cometeer's benefits and perk packages.
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.