Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – delivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and James Hoffman), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $150 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
To learn more about us, check out some of our coverage here and here.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting all aspects of human resources, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, and compliance. Working closely with the HR team and other departments to ensure that our company's HR practices align with our business objectives and support our employees' needs. This role is 100% onsite at our Gloucester headquarters.
We are seeking a highly motivated, people-centric, candidate with manufacturing experience, and strong communication skills that can build trust, resolve conflicts, and promote a positive and productive workplace culture. The ideal candidate is an active listener that has empathetic communication skills to connect with employees on a personal level and demonstrate sensitivity to employees' needs and respond with compassion and understanding.
The successful candidate must have an understanding of manufacturing operations and the challenges faced by the workforce in this industry. They will have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
If you are a results-oriented individual with a passion for people and possess the necessary experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help us build a culture of trust and collaboration that drives success for our employees and our business.
What you’ll do:
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments - This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced verbal communication to communicate effectively with employees, managers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to actively listen and empathize with employees
- Strong written skills to prepare policies, procedures, and reports and be able to convey complex information in a simple, clear, and concise manner
- Skilled in conflict resolution, including active listening, communication, and negotiation
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Google Workplace or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
- Bachelor’s in human resources or related field
- 3-5 years of experience working as a HR generalist
- Ability to work 100% onsite at our headquarters in Gloucester, MA
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.