Welcome to the future of coffee. Cometeer features the best beans from world-class roasters, brewed better through science, and frozen in a peak-state of coffee deliciousness. Delivered in a tiny recyclable capsule, all you have to do is melt it with hot water (or ice water, or oat milk if you’re fancy). Think pour over quality, pajama convenience.
We’re a hyper growth, technology-driven company, looking to revolutionize the $400+ billion global coffee market. Our new-format coffee capsule – perfected over years of investment and research – elivers the quality of specialty coffee in a uniquely convenient format. Our capsules are shipped straight to your door frozen; all you need to do is peel back the lid, add water or milk, and enjoy (no machine required).
Our coffee has received rave reviews from celebrities (including David Chang, Aaron Paul, and Adam Levine), coffee aficionados, and entrepreneurial leaders alike. We’ve built a 70,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Gloucester, MA that leverages custom-built machines, a proprietary brew science, and novel flash-freeze technology that preserves coffee freshness like never before. We are now beginning to scale our business across multiple channels, from direct-to-consumer to office, retail, wholesale, online delivery, and more.
Our world-class team includes alums from Tesla, Palantir, Oscar Insurance, Blue Bottle, Wayfair, and Apple. We’ve also raised over $100 million in venture capital from leading investors, including D1 Capital, Greycroft, Elephant Ventures, Addition and Avenir.
Cometeer is looking for an experienced and motivated Program Manager to join the Operations Program Management team working to bring top strategic and operational objectives to life. In this role you will work with business leaders and stakeholders across all levels of the company to plan and manage the focused execution of highly critical, highly visible Operations programs in support of establishing a multi - million dollar food and beverage operation.
Programs will be diverse in subject matter, complexity, and scope and can range from launching new manufacturing sites, rolling out new operations technology systems (ERP, WMS), operationalizing the process and performance of new sales and distribution channels, or managing the operational execution of customer growth and experience initiatives. You should have excellent leadership abilities, stakeholder management, project management, presentation skills, as well as deep operational knowledge and the flexibility to work in a wide range of functional areas.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the execution of large scale programs from start to finish including scoping, execution strategy development, project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Scope and define programs with charters that include well-written problem statements and quantifiable goals with baseline data
- Work closely with all levels of the organization from production through C-level to understand program problems and risks and thoughtfully architect collaborative and effective solutions
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to draw actionable insights, along with test-and-learn methodology, to maintain performance and achieve program level goals against set scope, budget, and timeline
- Drive project and key stakeholder alignment to ensure they are connected to the larger program goals; lead distributed teams through influence to accomplish programs you own
- Craft and distribute regular communications and reporting on program health to stakeholders across the organization ranging from project teams to C-suite audiences
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree w/ minimum of 7+ years of experience in Operations, Project Management, Finance, Consulting, or related field
- Passionate about tackling complex business problems from problem definition and business-case development through implementation; must have a proven track record of leading multiple, complex, cross-functional projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategic plans and drive results with multi-level teams: proactive ownership, ability to prioritize and execute, inspire creativity and drive accountability of project teams
- Strong analytical abilities, including scenario modeling and cost benefit analysis
- Ability to source and leverage data (quantitative and qualitative) to drive strategic decision-making and tight execution
- Very strong attention to detail with ability to work autonomously; demonstrated time management & prioritization skills
- Thrive in high growth, ambiguous environments to drive results
- Excellent communication skills with experience presenting to senior audiences through direct and tailored messaging
- Have a team and service mindset -- be ready to go above and beyond to support team and company success
- Experience with large scale systems implementations (specifically ERPs) or new operating site launches is a plus
- Love for coffee is a plus
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.